On 29 June, the council approved the draft land use scheme, a tool that regulates the zoning of each property in the City.
Joburg’s MMC for Development Planning, Funzela Ngobeni told council that the scheme is an important tool that affects the daily activities of residents and property owners by prescribing rules related to how properties should be developed and used.
The public consultation campaign for the draft scheme is the next step to its final approval. After the public has given input on the draft document, it will be taken to council for approval.
The draft scheme will be open to public consultation for 60 days. Copies of the document will be available for inspection during normal office hours until 13 October.
Help Desk, 5th floor, A-block, Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
- Group legal and contracts department’s legal library at the same address on the 3rd floor, A-block
- All Joburg libraries throughout the City
- All regional offices
- On the City’s website at www.joburg.org.za
Any comment on the draft scheme must be addressed to the Executive Director: Development Planning, clearly marked “CoJ LUS COMMENTS”, and submitted in writing on or before 13 October as follows:
- By hand to the help desk at the physical address provided above
- By post (PO Box 30773, Johannesburg 2017)
- By e-mail at CoJLandUseSchemeComments@joburg.org.za
- By Google Forms at https://goo.gl/forms/jsK9A1hmThMO6vYs2