The Johannesburg Development Agency has organised and funded the “Walk My Jozi” weekend on 24 & 25 June. These walks are aimed at exploring the communities, heritage, art and food of each area.
For more info follow the FaceBook page Walk My Jozi and also look out for the hashtag #Joziwalks on social media.
Name of Walk/ Area
- Move Through Newtown – it will take your breath away! / Newtown
- Walking Tour of Orlando East / Orlando East
- This is Hillbrow / Berea and Hillbrow
- Sof’town Urban Experience/ Sophiatown, Martindale and Westbury
- The Youth Connector Tour / Diepsloot, Orange Farm, Hillbrow or Jeppestown and Alex
- #LuvDiepsloot – Screening unseen Diepsloot content / Diepsloot
- An exploration of art, immigrants and the changing face of Louis Botha Avenue /Orchards, Maryvale, Sydenham and Orange Grove
- The South of Johannesburg_a story to tell. A long table of multi-cultural experience in La Rochelle / La Rochelle
- Brixton Fietas heritage trek / Brixton Fietas
- Noordgesig_The many pasts and futures of ‘Bulte’ / Noordgesig
- The Yeoville Pan-Afrikan Food Experience / Yeoville
- Joe’s Lifestyle Butchery community walk (JLBCW) / Alexandra
- Visit Alexandra Fair / Jukskei Park East bank. Alexandra Township and Eastbank Hall.