UIF applications for May opened on Thursday 28 May. Here is an article by Business Insider on how to avoid major problems.
Some of the significant changes are:
- Employees whose employers didn’t register for UIF can now also apply for payments, directly from the UIF
- Employees who are registered for UIF, but whose employers didn’t apply for the TERS payments, can now apply directly with the UIF
- Companies which did not keep up with their UIF contributions can still get money.
- In some cases, the UIF now pays employees directly – and not via their employers.
- You can now check if your employer has been paid.